About Castillejos Eye Institute
Castillejos Eye Institute is a leading provider of LASIK eye surgery and other eye care services in Southern California. Castillejos Eye Institute is staffed by a team of highly trained and experienced eye specialists and subspecialists who are dedicated to meeting the unique eye and visual needs of each patient. Their facility is state-of-the-art and they offer a range of services, including cataract surgery, macula and retina disease treatment, glaucoma treatment, oculoplastics, and LASIK and refractive surgery.
Castillejos Eye Institute's team of eye specialists and subspecialists have been carefully selected to provide the best possible care to patients. For example, Dr. David Castillejos and Dr. Maria E. Castillejos founded the Institute in 1997 after establishing successful ophthalmological practices in San Diego. Dr. Alexander Zabaneh is a highly regarded retina specialist who has received numerous awards and accolades for his work. Thu Nguyen, O.D. and Alexandra Scovill, O.D. are experienced optometrists who provide comprehensive eye care services to patients.
Castillejos Eye Institute provides services to patients in several languages, including English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Vietnamese, and Tagalog. Castillejos Eye Institute has a reputation for providing high-quality eye care services to patients and is highly regarded by many physicians who seek the best quality eye care services available in the area.
Castillejos Eye Institute has several locations throughout Southern California, making it easy for patients to access the care they need. Their main office is located in Chula Vista, and it has additional offices in San Diego, La Jolla, and El Centro. Patients can call the Institute to make an appointment or to learn more about the services offered.
Castillejos Eye Institute Reviews
Castillejos Eye Institute Aggregate Rating
Most Common Trends in Castillejos Eye Institute Reviews
Patients are talking about:
- Doctors at the institute, particularly Dr. David and Dr. Maria Castillejos, have been praised for their skill, expertise and ability to produce successful surgical outcomes, notably in the area of cataract surgeries
- Patients have reported significantly improved vision post-surgery
- The clinic seemingly suffers from logistical issues with many reviews citing long wait times despite having previously scheduled appointments
- There have been complaints about perceived rudeness and unprofessionalism from the staff that negatively impacted the patient experience
- Several reviews have raised concerns about the clarity of communication, particularly with respect to explaining diagnoses and procedures
Add a Review
If you are a past patient, we'd love to hear from you! Please leave a review by clicking the button below.
based on 58 Reviews
I'm very thankful for Dr. David Castillejos, surgery for my wife went great. The staff is also amazing, very happy with everything. Read More
They seem to know what they are doing there despite the poor, indifferent service. I start sneezing profusely in the waiting room so they take me in... Read More
I'm searching for results and not how long it took waiting for the doctors. These people need to know what a review is about. Did the cataract surgery go... Read More