About American Eye Institute
American Eye Institute is a highly regarded ophthalmology practice that offers a wide range of services, including LASIK surgery, cataract surgery, and treatment for glaucoma and macular degeneration. Their team of experienced surgeons are among the first in the world to perform laser vision correction, and they have performed LASIK on many patients. In addition, the doctors at American Eye Institute have privileges at Cedars-Sinai and are principal investigators for Cedars-Sinai clinical trials.
American Eye Institute also boasts a premier optical boutique that offers high-fashion eyewear, prescription eyeglasses, sunglasses, and frames. The boutique carries a variety of designer brands, including Tom Ford, Barton Perreira, and Roberto Cavalli. They also offer a therapeutic eye massage featuring the new MiBo Thermaflo technology for patients suffering from dry eyes.
American Eye Institute is committed to providing the best possible care to their patients. Their skilled surgeons routinely perform complex techniques like small incisions and sutureless cataract surgery with lens implants. They can also perform cosmetic plastic surgery to improve drooping or baggy eyelids. Patients have left glowing testimonials about their experience at American Eye Institute, praising the kind and gentle approach of their doctors.
American Eye Institute accepts most major insurance plans. They are located on the 3rd floor in the West Tower of the Cedars Sinai Medical Offices and serve patients in the greater Los Angeles area. American Eye Institute is a top choice for patients seeking high-quality eye care and LASIK surgery.
American Eye Institute Reviews
American Eye Institute Aggregate Rating
Most Common Trends in American Eye Institute Reviews
Patients are talking about:
- Patients particularly appreciate Dr. Barak Maguen, Dr. Ezra, and Dr. Nesburn for their professional expertise, compassionate care, and clear patient communication
- Several reviews express dissatisfaction with the clinic’s administrative and support staff, citing rudeness and lack of professionalism
- A common concern among patients is the extended waiting times at the clinic, with some patients reporting lengthy delays even after arriving on time for their appointments
- The clinic’s parking situation is another frequently mentioned area of concern, with patients complaining about limited availability and high parking costs
- Some patients experienced issues with insurance coverage and confusion over charges
Add a Review
If you are a past patient, we'd love to hear from you! Please leave a review by clicking the button below.
based on 74 Reviews
My experience with this facility has been the worst. I was referred over by Cedars Sinai because the Ellis Eye Center was booked for weeks out. I assumed... Read More
With more than 30 years of patient and physician care management experience, I'm very pleased to recommend Dr. Barak Maguen MD. I found him exceedingly... Read More
I scheduled an appointment with Dr. Ezra. There are two doctors with the same last name. I think it's father and daughter. The lady that answered the phone... Read More