About Hamilton Eye Institute
Dr. Rex Hamilton, with Hamilton Eye Institute, is a board-certified ophthalmologist and a fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology and the American College of Surgeons. With over 15 years of experience as Clinical Professor and Director at UCLA Laser Refractive Center, Dr. Hamilton has performed over 12,000 cataract and refractive surgery procedures. He is recognized as a leader in laser vision correction and premium cataract surgery, having pioneered many new techniques in the field.
Dr. Hamilton specializes in premium cataract surgery, refractive surgery, and laser vision correction. He has performed the first SMILE (Small Incision Lenticule Extraction: “Flapless LASIK”) Refractive Surgery procedure on the West Coast and the first Extended Depth of Focus (“Symfony”) Lens Implantation for Cataract Surgery in Los Angeles. Additionally, Dr. Hamilton was the first surgeon at UCLA Stein Eye Institute to utilize Intraoperative Aberrometry (ORA) for Cataract Surgery and to perform Laser Cataract Surgery.
Dr. Hamilton has authored over 40 peer-reviewed scientific journal articles and book chapters and has delivered over 50 presentations at national and international scientific meetings. He has also delivered over 200 scientific lectures in the United States and around the world. Furthermore, Dr. Hamilton has been voted one of 300 Premier Refractive Cataract Surgeons in the US by Ocular Surgery News and has been a member of the Refractive Cataract Surgery Clinical Committee for the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS) since 2012.
Dr. Hamilton serves patients in Santa Monica, California, as well as the surrounding areas. He offers a variety of services, including LASIK, SMILE, LASEK, PRK, and refractive lens exchange. Dr. Hamilton's team of experienced surgeons provides personalized care to each patient, ensuring that they receive the best treatment possible.
Dr. Hamilton's expertise and experience make him a top choice for those seeking laser vision correction or cataract surgery. His commitment to utilizing the latest techniques and technology in the field, combined with his personalized approach to patient care, make him a trusted provider in the Santa Monica area.
Hamilton Eye Institute Reviews
Hamilton Eye Institute Aggregate Rating
Most Common Trends in Hamilton Eye Institute Reviews
Patients are talking about:
- Dr. Hamilton is a highly skilled surgeon with a speciality in a diverse range of surgical procedures, including SMILE, EVO ICL, and cataract surgery, achieving excellent results
- The majority of patients report swift recovery with minimal downtime and significantly improved vision, with many achieving 20/20 vision
- Acknowledged for his considerate and patient nature, Dr. Hamilton provides detailed explanations and sets clear expectations about surgical outcomes
- Post-operative care is highly attentive, with Dr. Hamilton's team offering immediate and thorough responses to concerns
- A few instances of initial dryness or fogginess were reported, but these are not common, and most patients experienced swift improvement
Add a Review
If you are a past patient, we'd love to hear from you! Please leave a review by clicking the button below.