About Broberg Eye Care
Broberg Eye Care is a reputable LASIK provider that has been serving Austin, Texas, for over 30 years. Their team of Ophthalmologists takes a personalized approach to eye care, determining treatment on a case-by-case basis, depending on each patient's specific needs and desires. They offer a wide range of services, including comprehensive eye care, cataract surgery, glaucoma care, macular care, laser vision correction, and dry eye care.
The surgeons at Broberg Eye Care are experienced professionals who share a passion for Ophthalmology. Dr. Peter Broberg, the founder, opened Broberg Eye Care in 1983 and served as the sole doctor for many years. Dr. McGlathery, a member of the team, is certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and is a member of several professional organizations, including the American Academy of Ophthalmology, the American Medical Association, and the Austin Ophthalmology Association. Dr. de Sabra, another member of the team, completed her Ophthalmology Residency at UT Southwestern Medical Center, working at both the VA and Parkland Hospitals in Dallas.
Broberg Eye Care has received several accolades and awards over the years. Dr. Broberg was awarded "Outstanding Intern" and was elected chief resident during his training at Baylor College of Medicine. Dr. McGlathery received the Scientific Research Award in both 2003 and 2004 during his residency at the Mason Eye Institute. Their conservative approach to eye care, along with their friendly and professional staff, has helped them build long-lasting relationships with their patients.
Broberg Eye Care serves Austin, Texas, and the surrounding areas. They have an optical shop, 4207 Optical, that has been serving the people of Austin since 1978 with over 1,000 designer frames and favorite contact lens brands. They utilize the latest technology and techniques to offer their patients long-term vision impairment correction. If you are considering LASIK eye surgery, Broberg Eye Care is a provider that you may want to consider.
Broberg Eye Care Reviews
Broberg Eye Care Aggregate Rating
Most Common Trends in Broberg Eye Care Reviews
Patients are talking about:
- Majority of patients fondly appreciate the ophthalmologists' expertise, their meticulous explanation of medical conditions and their personal care approach.
- Significantly, there is widespread dissatisfaction with the front office and administrative staff that were frequently cited as unprofessional, rude and unresponsive.
- Insurance-related issues were a recurring theme, with frequent cases of confusion and displeasure due to perceived overcharging and miscommunication.
- Despite administrative issues, there's commendable long-term patronage, with patients remaining with the practice for years and frequently recommending the surgeons.
- Occasional doctor-related complaints such as perceived unresponsiveness to concerns about eye conditions and instances of seeming rudeness.
Add a Review
If you are a past patient, we'd love to hear from you! Please leave a review by clicking the button below.
based on 33 Reviews
I recently went to see Dr Broberg for the first time after going to an optometrist and after a long office visit I was told my vision could not be corrected... Read More
Great practice with amazing, friendly and and efficient staff. Easy to get an appointment. Dr. Broberg is a highly qualified ophthalmologist with excellent... Read More
As other patients have said, do not go to this practice. My left eye is very blurry, and I went to them to see if it was time to remove the cataract.... Read More